Want your garage back?
We’d be happy to help! We accept donations of new and gently-used items just like the ones cluttering up your garage.
Remodeling, cleaning out, downsizing or just getting organized? Consider donating your excess household goods and building materials to the HabiJax ReStores. We’ll gladly take new and gently-used items off your hands and you’ll get the satisfaction of knowing they helped support local families and didn’t end up in the landfill. All of your donations are tax-deductible.
For businesses, donating to the HabiJax ReStores is a great way to move discontinued or excess stock, deal with gently used returns and show your customers that you care about the environment and your community. Plus, we’ll pick up your donated goods, which will save you time and money.
Additionally, the HabiJax ReStores participates in the Go North Habitat for Humanity Donation Program. When you move with northAmerican, you have the opportunity to donate unwanted, gently used items to your local Habitat ReStores. Those items are then either used in newly built Habitat homes, or sold through the HabiJax ReStores, with the proceeds going to help fund builds in the Jacksonville Community. For more information visit their site.
To donate to the ReStores, please review donations that we do and do not accept below, and then click the Donate button at the bottom of the page.
Appliances (no older than 10 yrs)
- Dishwashers (no older than 5 yrs)
- Range tops
- Microwaves (no older than 5 yrs)
- Washing machines
- Range hoods
- Water heaters
- Air conditioners
- Sofas *
- Chairs* (living room, office, recliner, etc.)
- Tables (dining room, side)
- Coffee/end tables
- Entertainment centers
- *Upholstered furniture cannot have any stains, tears or pet damage.
- Unused lumber
- Tile (no broken pieces)
- Linoleum (new only)
- Carpet (new or gently used, minimum room size, no small pieces unless carpet tiles)
- Area rugs (new or gently used)
To donate your old vehicle, call 1-877-277-4344, or visit the Cars for Homes website.
- Kitchen cabinets
- Bathroom cabinets
- Countertops – Only with cabinets
- Bathroom cabinets with vanity tops
Lighting (must work!)
- Hanging chandeliers
- Floor/table lamps
- Lamp shades in good condition
- Track lighting
- Ceiling fans
- Cabinet knobs
- Door knobs/deadbolts
- Electrical hardware
- Plumbing hardware
- Novelty antique wood windows
- New/unused windows
- Cubicle partitions
- Filing cabinets
Donations Not Accepted
- Mattresses/box springs
- Baby items
- Upholstered items with rips, stains, tears, and/or pet odors
- Anything that doesn’t work/needs a replacement part
- Hazardous materials/chemicals
- Unframed mirrors or glass
- Appliances more than 10 years old
- Microwaves and dishwashers over 5 years old
- Computers/fax machines/copy machines
- Shower doors
- Sliding glass doors
- Vertical blinds
- Garage doors
- Knick Knacks
- Flourescent bulbs
- Large garden/Jacuzzi tubs
Referrals for non-accepted items
Goodwill of Jacksonville | (904) 389-0383
Hubbard House | (904) 400-6333
Salvation Army | (904) 641-2122
Solid Waste Division | (904) 255-7500